Sofia Communist Tour is a product that I designed few years ago. I realized how interesting and unknown for the visitors the communist past was.
How the Sofia Communist Tour will go?
I will pick you up from your hotel and we will walk to the central part of Sofia. There we will see the most important communist buildings related to the communist past of Bulgaria. We will tour the central part for around two and a half hours. During the tour I will provide some extremely interesting information and historical facts about the communism in Bulgaria. If you would like to get further information, we will get on metro for some 20 minutes and will get to the Socialist Art Museum. There you will admire some of the giant statues of communist leaders that are on display. There is an interesting projection about one of the greatest communist Bulgarian leaders, Georgi Dimitrov. We will get the metro back to the central part and I will drop you off in your hotel. In total the tour will take around 3 and a half hours.
Few interesting facts about the emblematic communist Trabant car
- Produced from 1957 to 1990 by former East German car manufacturer.
- It had a duroplast body mounted on a one-piece steel chassis, front-wheel drive, a transverse engine, and independent suspension.
- The 1980s model did not have a tachometer. It did not have an indicator for either the headlights or turn signals. Neither it had fuel gauge, rear seat belts, or external fuel door.
- The drivers had to pour a mix of gasoline and oil directly under the bonnet/hood.
- Today it is part in the list of the Retro cars in Bulgaria
For my other Tours of Sofia please see here: Sofia Sightseeing Tours
If you are interested in multi-day tours of Bulgaria please see here: Tours of Bulgaria
Testimonials about my great service please see here: Trip Advisor Testimonials Easy Bulgaria Travel Ltd
PRICE FROM: 80 euro
DURATION: 3 to 3 and a half hours
The Sofia Communist Tour by Trabant car is a great chance to hear about the vague period of the communism in Bulgaria. At the same time you will have the unique chance to ride the Trabant car, that is a great experine itself.
MEETING POINT: Your hotel
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SOFIA COMMUNIST TOUR BY TRABANT CAR:
- Experience a Trabant ride
- See most interesting communist buildings in the center of Sofia
- Choose your own pick up time
- Have a professional tour guide
- Visit the Socialist Art Museum
This tour can be paid by credit card, bank transfer, paypal or cash.
When choosing one of the following payment modes:
- Bank transfer to our Bulgarian account – a surcharge of 7 euro will be applied
- Bank transfer to our Revolut British account – no charges from our side will be applied
- Paying by credit card on line via our site – a supplement fee of 2% will be applied for VISA and Master Card
- Paypal – a supplementary fee of 4% will be applied
- 2 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
- 1 day prior to date of activity – 30% cancellation fee (70% reimbursement)
- In the day of activity – 100% cancellation fee (no reimbursement)