Rila Monastery and the Boyana church Day Tour is one of my Best Sellers.
It includes two of the most popular UNESCO sites of Bulgaria. It is a great opportunity to spend your day outside of Sofia and to enjoy the beauty of the countryside.
The Rila Monastery’s unrivalled architecture and murals will captivate you. You will admire rich collections of carpets, jewelry, costumes and buckles. It keeps more than 150 000 manuscripts in its library. Today, there are 9 monks that live in the monastery, although it has more than 150 monastic cells.
The Boyana Church is famous with its beautiful and valuable paintings from 1259. It is one of the best preserved mediaeval monuments in southeastern Europe.
Rila Monastery and the Boyana church Day Tour will take you to the depth of the centuries old Christian religion in our territory. It is a tour of understanding the result of the big impact of the religion on the today`s culture, rites and customs of the Bulgarians.
I strongly suggest this tour to all visitors that are eager to discover more of the Bulgarian history.
- Explore the most visited monastery in Bulgaria at your own pace with a professional tour guide
- Visit the world famous Boyana church and admire frescoes dating to 1259
- Choose your own departure time
- Have a comfortable vehicle. All our vehicles please see here.
- WI-FI on board
Why Book Day Tour to the Rila Monastery and the Boyana church with me?
- Have an exceptional guide, that will go beyond your expectations by knowledge, flexibility and professionalism
- Enjoy a ride by a comfortable and non-smoking vehicle with wi-fi on board
- Get the infomation that will be just enough. Not less than necessary and not boring
- Choose your own pick up time
- Do the tour at your pace
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel/address included
Good to Know!
- Wearing comfortable shoes is recommended
- Bring long sleeve shirt or a scarf to cover your shoulders. Wearing very short skirt or shorts is not recommended. Legs have to be covered
- Have some warm blouse or pullover. Even in the summer it can be chilly
- Have a sun-protection cream handy
- It would be good to have a hat and sunglasses as well
See my other exciting One Day Tours from Sofia to:
Koprivshtitsa Day Tour
Testimonials about my service you can find in Trip Advisor.
DURATION: 8 hours
AVAILABILTY: This tour operates every day.
This tour can be paid by credit card, bank transfer, paypal or cash.
When choosing one of the following payment modes:
- Bank transfer to our Bulgarian account – a surcharge of 7 euro will be applied
- Bank transfer to our Revolut British account – no charges from our side will be applied
- Paying by credit card on line via our site – a supplement fee of 2% will be applied for VISA and Master Card
- Paypal – a supplementary fee of 4% will be applied
- 2 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
- 1 day prior to date of activity – 30% cancellation fee (70% reimbursement)
- In the day of activity – 100% cancellation fee (no reimbursement)