Plovdiv and the Bachkovo Monastery Tour
This tour will make you fall in love with Bulgaria, its nature and its history. You will have the chance to drive in the Rodopi mountain – one of the most mystic mountains on the Balkans and we dare to say in the world. The Rodopi mountain is famous with its numerous Thracian sanctuaries that the Thracians used for their rituals. Another highlight the Bachkovo monastery – the second largest in Bulgaria after the Rila monastery. On the way you will also visit the magnificent Assen`s fortress where from you will admire a magic view towards the mountain. The town of Plovdiv a must-visit when touring Bulgaria. It makes this tour very informative and absolutely worth to be done.
“Ancient and Eternal”
Plovdiv is one of the most appealing cities in Bulgaria and the Balkans. The first foundations laid here between 6-8000 years ago, thus making it older than Rome or even Beijing. Plovdiv is a great combination of real historical and archaeological treasures with the liveliness of a modern city and great cultural and night life.
The most visited and admired is the hilly Old Town, built on three hills called “tepeta”. The maze of cobbled streets which meander the area and contain the cuddled up revival houses with their colorful facades and ornate decoration don’t fail to impress and take you back in time.
The modern part of the city center lies along the main pedestrian street starting at the Central Square (Ploshtad Centralen). It passes along Dzhumaya Dzhamia just next to the Old Town on the west. This long street runs past all kinds of monuments, fountains, the ruins of the Roman stadium, shops, restaurants and coffees all the way to River Maritsa.
This is the liveliest part of the city and especially in the evening it seems like the whole population has gathered here, strolling up and down. The streets between the center and the train station are also something not to miss. The buildings here have not been restored as in the Old Town and the architecture is closer to the capitals’ Sofia feel, but they also hold their charm.
Why book your Day Tour to Plovdiv and the Bachkovo monastery with me?
- Licensed, accredited and extremely professional tour guide with best credentials and expertise
- Pick up from your hotel and drop off included
- Choose the pick up time
- Flexibility to alter the program, even while on the tour
- Best value for money
- A very comfortable, safe and non-smoking vehicle equipped with wi fi on board
- The guide will be happy to go the extra mile to render your tour to a real memorable experience
- All taxes, admissions and parking fees will be included in tour price
- Do the tour at your own pace with a professional tour guide speaking your language
- Feel the spirit of the Roman period in Bulgaria
- Enjoy Plovdiv that was a Cultural Capital of Europe 2019
- Visit the Bachkovo monastery, the second largest in Bulgaria
- Admire the beautiful view from the Assen`s fortress
- Have a comfortable, safe and non-smoking vehicle. All our vehicles please see here
For other day tours from Sofia chek here: One Day Tours from Sofia
Testimonials about the way we serve our customers you can find in Trip Advisor.