Tour of Sofia incl the Vitosha mountain will make you familiar with the central part of Sofia, but also with the beauty of the Vitosha mountain. It is a combination of a standard tour of Sofia and visit to the closest mountain to Sofia. The tour will take around 5 hours.
In the Tour of Sofia incl the Vitosha mountain you will see the following landmarks of Sofia:
The Saint Aleksander Nevski Cathedral, the National Assembly, The Saint Sofia church, the Holy Synod, the former Russian embassy, the Russian church, the former Royal palace, the City garden, the National theater, the President`s palace, the Council of Ministers, the National archaeologic museum housed today in a former mosque, the TSUM department store, the extremely interesting Roman ruins dating to the 4th century AD, dicovered only in 2006, the Mosque dating to 1567, the Synagogue built in 1909, the Saint George Rotonda 4th century AD – one of the oldest active churches in Europe.
You can wander around Sofia for hours, but being with a fun and knowledgeable guide is a completely different experince. Visit the Vitosha mountain is easy: our guide will take you to the top of the mountain by private car. There are two roads in the mountain that the visitors can take. One of them will take you to the Kopitoto area. There is a spot that offers a beautiful panorama view towards the city. It is also possible to see the high mountains of Serbia and North Macedonia. Here is also the part where you can admire the majestic “Moreni” area, a unique natural phenomenon, called also the “stone river”. The second one will take you to the Aleko hut. From there you can hike to another part of the “stone river”. It is also a starting point for hiking to the highest peak – the Cherni Vrah (2290 m).
The Vitosha Mountain:
It is one of the jewels of Sofia with its proximity to the city, exquisite nature and amazingly rich flora. It covers an area of 300 km2. Its average height is 1500 m (4900 ft). The highest point is Cherni Vrah. It reaches 2290 m (7500 ft). Nine rivers flow from it, including one of the longest in Bulgaria called Struma. The Vitosha mountain is the first national park in Europe declared already in 1934. The landmarks of the Vitosha Mountain include the Dragalevtsi monastery, Boyanski waterfall, the Golden bridges area, the unique “stone river” and of course the Boyana church.
Why should you book this tour with us?
Here are only some of the advantages that you will get booking this tour with me:
- All my tours are private
- My team and I are guides of new generation. We are still knowledgeable, but also very flexible and fun.
- You can stop anytime for a break, get coffee or a bite
- You will get closer to the local life and will hear stories that will give you a deeper understanding about Sofia and Bulgaria
- The guide will tell you about the everyday life of the Bulgraians, you can discuss any aspect of life – education, healthcare, politics and any other topic that you are interested in
- It is not just a tour, it is an experience
For other Guided Tours of Sofia please see:
Please check the great testimonials about us in Trip advisor here.
PRICE FROM: 90 euro
DURATION: 5 hours
The tour of Sofia offers you to see the real mixture of tradition and modern culture. It will acquaint you with Sofia’s most famous points of interest – The St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral, The Russian Church, The Church of St. Sophia, The Round Church “St. George”, The National Theater, The mineral baths, The Synagogue, The National Art Gallery, The Archaeological Museum and Parliament square, The Presidency, the Ruins of Serdica and many more exciting views that will make you fall in love with this magnificent city. In this tour is included transport to the Vitosha mountain.
MEETING POINT: Your hotel
- Explore Sofia at your own pace
- See top attractions like the St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral and the Rotonda St George
- Choose your own pick up time
- Have a professional tour guide speaking your language
- Visit the Vitosha mountain
This tour can be paid by credit card, bank transfer, paypal or cash.
When choosing one of the following payment modes:
- Bank transfer to our Bulgarian account – a surcharge of 7 euro will be applied
- Bank transfer to our Revolut British account – no charges from our side will be applied
- Paying by credit card on line via our site – a supplement fee of 2% will be applied for VISA and Master Card
- Paypal – a supplementary fee of 4% will be applied
- 2 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
- 1 day prior to date of activity – 30% cancellation fee (70% reimbursement)
- In the day of activity – 100% cancellation fee (no reimbursement)