Bulgaria Tour History and Traditions will give you a full insight of Bulgaria. I often recommend this tour as it is a great combination of the most valuable historical sites and local customs and traditions. I designed it to take my tourists closer to the Bulgarian crafts and customs that are still alive. With the Bulgaria Tour History and Traditions you will visit remote villages where you will get acquainted with the old traditions, that the locals still practice in many regions of the country.
Why the Bulgaria Tour History and Traditions?
- Take the unique chance to see Bulgraia in-depth and to discover its culture
- Visit beautiful virgin areas and remote villages where you will get in touch to the authenticity of the country
- Enjoy accommodation in small hotels and guest houses full of character
- Taste the delicious home made Bulgarian traditional food
- Take the unique chance to interact with locals
- Benefit of the complete flexibility of having the tour tailored to your requirements
- Have the freedom to alter the program, even while you are on the tour
- Enjoy the most experienced guides in Bulgaria
The Bulgarian Festivals
If you travel in the summer, I will adjust the program in a way you enjoy some of the Bulgarian festivals. You will become part of the local way of celebrating, the dances, the music and the traditions. During the summer all over Bulgaria there are various festivals such as the Festival of the Bulgarian Customs and the Rose Festival in Kazanlak, Also very popular for the Bulgarians is the Festival of the Bagpipe taking place in the majestic Rhodope Mountain.
The locals truly enjoy to attend festivals where the music, the food and the dances are main part of the event. Such kind of festival is the Rozhen Festival.
In January in the town of Pernik (20 km from Sofia) is taking place the Festival of the Mummers (the Kukeri Festival). Attending some of the public events will be the highlight of your journey.
Bulgaria Tour History and Traditions will offer you all that.
If you choose any of my tours, you can also:
- adjust the number of the days of the tour according to your availability
- decide if you would prefer to stay in hotels, guest houses or home hosted accommodation
- ask for further customization of the tour, related to your particular interests
- include wine tasting
- include some time for hiking or trekking
- attend available events or festivals
- ask me or your guide for available concerts or other cultural performances in the places where you stay
- have a cooking class organized exclusively for you
My other tours including visits to villages and dedicated to the Bulgarian traditions, customs and crafts:
Check testimonials about my great service in Trip Advisor.
Crafts and Traditions
In many villages of Bulgaria the traditions and the crafts are still alive. You can see old women practicing weaving and knitting and you can experience home hosted meals. You will learn how to make a Bulgarian salty pastry called “banitsa”. The guide will take you to remote villages of Bulgraia that are still virgin and untouched by the urban culture. You will see heards of animals all over the green pastures and will taste a real milk just milked from the cow, the sheep or the goat. Taste the unique Bulgraian yoghurt and cheese and get to know Bulgaria in-depth.
Enquire today and get a good discount on all our Bulgarian Tours for 2021.
For answers of questions about the Bulgaria Tour History and Traditions please check the FAQ section below.
More about my great service you can read in Trip Advisor.
DURATION: 12 days/11 nights
HIGHTLIGHTS OF BULGARIA TOUR HISTORY AND TRADITIONS
- the Rila monastery
- the Narrow Gauge Train
- the Roman theater in Plovdiv
- the Starosel Tomb
- The Wonder Rocks
- The Madara Horseman
- The Sveshtary tomb
- The Tsarevets fortress
HOW TO PAY FOR THE BULGARIA TOUR HISTORY AND TRADITIONS
For the Bulgaria Tour History and Traditions you can pay on line by credit card, paypal or bank transfer.
Upon booking we require 30% downpayment.
You can choose one of the following payment modes:
- Bank transfer to our Bulgarian account – a surcharge of 7 euro will be applied
- Bank transfer to our Revolut British account – no charges from our side will be applied
- Paying by credit card on line via our site – a supplement fee of 2% will be applied for VISA and Master Card
- Paypal – a supplementary fee of 4% will be applied
For the payment of the balance you can choose one of the forecited modes including cash on spot upon arrival. You can pay in USD, Euro, AUD, Your currency (no matter what it is) or Bulgarian lev (BGN).
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR THE BULGARIA TOUR HISTORY AND TRADITIONS
- 30 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
- 30 to 21 days prior to date of activity – 30% Cancellation Fee (70% reimbursement)
- 21 to 14 days of activity – 50% Cancellation Fee (50% reimbursement)
- 14 to 7 days prior to date of activity – 70% Cancellation Fee (30% reimbursement)
- 7 days prior to date of activity, on the day of the activity and for now show – 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement)